The winners of the inaugural Place West London Regeneration Awards have been announced, with Ealing Council winning the Grand Prix.
Ealing’s Hosuing Estates Regeneration programme took the overall award as well as the Homes/Housing category against some stiff opposition.Judges said “The work here really is excellent. Ealing’s estates regeneration programme is an example to all as to how such schemes should be planned and executed”.
Also picking up two awards were Hounslow Council, with their Town Centre Housing Zone winning the Economic Growth categoy, while their Regeneration and Economic Development Strategy carried off the Transport/Infrastructure gong. Of the latter, judges said: “Infrastructure can drive regeneration and economic development, and nowhere should know that like Hounslow! This strategy looks to use and improve already strong transport connections to drive economic benefit for local communities”.
Brent Council picked up two wins too. Collecting the Future Project Award for the Peel development site project, and winning the Town Centre category with their Wembley Digital Integrated High Street project, on which the judges commented: “This is a great, simple scheme which has really delivered for Wembley’s retailers. The way it helps them do things which they find hard, but which cost little to implement, has made a real difference to the high street”.
Full list of Winners:
- Economic Growth – Hounslow Town Centre Housing Zone
- Transport/Infrastructure – Hounslow Regeneration and Economic Development Strategy 2016 – 20
- Homes/Housing – Regeneration of Housing Estates – Ealing Council
- Town Centre – The Digital Integrated High Street (Wembley) – Brent Council
- Placemaking – Talgarth Road Green Corridor – HammersmithLondon
- Employment – Harrow Xcite Do IT TOGETHER – Harrow Council
- Future Project – Peel Development Site, South Kilburn – Brent Council
- Grand Prix – Regeneration of Housing Estates – Ealing Council