OPDC has issued Invitations to Tenders to seven shortlisted teams for the masterplanning of Old Oak.
This is the second stage of procurement, following the receipt of Pre Qualification Questionaires by OPDC.
The development and regeneration of Old Oak and Park Royal aims to create a new town around the Crossrail/HS2 interchange. OPDC are looking for a masterplanning team to create “a compelling, design-led spatial strategy alongside a clear delivery strategy to fully unlock this opportunity”.
Old Oak is 140 hectares of industrial and railway land in west London. By 2026 the opening of a new High Speed 2 and the Elizabeth line super-hub interchange station should catalyse the regeneration of Old Oak.
In the specific area of Old Oak, OPDC believe the super-hub station will underpin the potential to deliver a thriving new centre, 24,000 new homes and 55,000 new jobs over the next 20 to 30 years. The public sector already own over 70% of land in Old Oak, and it has been agreed in principle to transfer this land from central Government to OPDC over the coming years.
The OPDC has shortlisted 7 teams to prepare responses to the Invitation to Tender. OPDC hopes to appoint the masterplanning team early in 2017 to commence work in February 2017.
The shortlisted teams are:
- Aecom (lead supplier) with team members – BIG, Bilfinger, GVA, Fluid, Maccreanor Lavington, PBA, Weston Williamson, Spacehub, Wilkinson Eyre, East
- Allies & Morrison (lead supplier) with team members – Diener & Diener, Weston Williamson, Muf, HHBR, Andersen Hunter Horn, Waterman Group, Steer Davies Gleave, Turner & Townsend, Fluid, Nathaniel Lichfield + Partners, Centre for London, Metephor
- Arup (lead supplier) with team members – KCAP, Gustafson Porter, S333, PAU, Turner + Townsend, People Friendly Design, London Communications Agency
- Farrells & Heatherwick Studio (lead supplier) with team members – Exterior Architecture, Arup, Arcadis, Bio Regional, ATK11, Steer Davies Gleave, Turleys, Volterra, GHD Rail Engineering, Colliers, Soundings, London Communications Agency, Flexeye, Siemens
- Grimshaw (lead supplier) with team members – FutureCity, LDA, QUOD, Amec Foster Wheeler, Urban Strategies, Rick Mather Architects, DK-CM, Soundings, Mott MacDonald, RLB, Steer Davies Gleave
- Hawkins Brown (lead supplier) with team members – Kathryn Firth, White, Metropolitan Workshop, Benedetti Architects, Grant Associates, Turley, Donald Insall Assocs, Pell Frischmann, Tyrens, Phil Jones Assocs, Turner + Townsend, Soundings, Social Life, Fourth Street
- Karakusevic Carson Architects & 5th Studio (lead supplier) with team members – We Made That, Agence Ter, Alan Baxter, AKT II, Quod, Hoare Lea, Soundings, EC Harris/Arcadis
Place West London and OPDC are running an event focussed on the future of Park Royal on November 1. See here for details.