A new entertainment venue has opened, marking another milestone in the emergence of White City as a cultural hub.
Exhibition London, created in the restored Grade ll-listed Victorian Dimco East building next to Westfield London Dimco building, hosted Catfish and the Bottlemen for their first concert with a crowd of over 2000.
Originally built at 333 Wood Lane between 1898 and 1899, it is among the oldest surviving examples of Victorian industrial heritage in Hammersmith & Fulham, and was famously used for location shots in the final scenes of the 1988 movie “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”. The giant redbrick structure housed generators which powered trains on the Twopenny Tube, now the Central line. By the 1970s, the building had fallen into disrepair, except as a gloomy backdrop to films such as The Mummy Returns. Renovation began in 2008, and included removing trees that had grown inside. After a new role as a garage space for double-deckers, it is now a multi-purpose performance venue.
Picture: Gemma Parker Photography