Ealing Shopfront project hits Southall

New shop fronts and footpaths have been installed in Southall town centre as part of Ealing Councils regeneration programme.

Several businesses in Southall have benefited from the Shop Front Improvement project including Bridal Emporium, Century Emporium, Punjab Textiles, RPS Jewellers, Euroasia Travel and London Footwear. New shop fronts will also be installed at a further 19 businesses in the town centre before March 2011.

In addition to the shop fronts, the council has provided new footpaths and carried out an intensive deep clean of the existing pavements to make the area more attractive to shoppers and visitors.

As part of the Shop Front Improvement project, independent businesses have applied for council funding to replace their shop front. Ealing Council has paid 90% of the costs and the business owners have committed the remaining 10%.  Ealing Council also covered the costs of architects, planning, advertising and building control fees.

The project, which is due to be completed in March 2011, has been available to shops in Acton, Ealing, West Ealing, Hanwell and Southall Town Centres. Due to the massive response from business owners, there is currently a waiting list for each of the town centres.

 

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.