Barnet CEO steps down

The Chief Executive of Barnet Council has resigned, following the difficulties during the Mayoral election.

Andrew Travers is said to be leaving the north London borough by mutual agreement after some voters in the Borough were unable to vote due to a mix up over electoral lists.

The council say they are launching an independent review of the errors. A Barnet Council spokesperson said: “Following problems with electoral registration lists on Thursday 5 May 2016, which meant that some Barnet residents were unable to vote, the council is launching a full independent investigation.

“The terms of reference will include a full review of the issues that arose last week as well as the appropriateness of the arrangements in place for the EU Referendum in June. The review will conclude by the end of May and the findings will be presented publicly to the General Functions Committee. We are currently in discussions to establish who will  lead on the investigation and will provide further information shortly.”

This entry was posted in Barnet. Bookmark the permalink.